Bookseller to the Stars a Blog Meme about Books:
1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph:
I took the first 5 laying 'round the sofa, which was/is books I've recently reviewed (or am in the process of reviewing) & books I am working on pr for... So my twist on this meme is that it's somewhat about me ;)
Of the seventeen films in which Monroe appeared through 1954, she played some version of a sexually opportunistic woman -- gold digger, prostitute, or woman "on the make" -- in nine. Which Esther Williams do you want to hear about? Safe travels. As long as it wasn't too dark, what did he have to lose? I was thinking just the other day how will I get my kids to eat more cookies?
In my defense, that's an awful lot of questions for one paragraph ;)
#1 The Million Dollar Mermaid, Esther Williams
#2 The Many Lives of Marilyn Monroe, Sarah Churchwell
#4 Micheal, Andrea Dean Van Scoyoc
#3 The Suburban Diva: From The Real Side Of The Picket Fence, Tracey Henry, the Suburban Diva
#5 Ambient Findability, Peter Morville