Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm A Good Mom, Charlie Brown

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is on TV and Des is watching it.

I never liked Peanuts. I know it's anti-American to say so; Charles Schultz is like the Norman Rockwell for my generation. But I've always found it incredibly sad. Lucy taking the ball away, that snotty girl telling Charlie Brown he'll never ever be elected student body president, Schroeder having to put up with Lucy's obnoxious hanging around -- all sad. The comic in the paper wasn't much better than the specials either.

The only redeeming thing was Snoopy. But even his brother Spike was sad and lonely... always in search of a home.

But not letting the kids like &/or watch Peanuts is probably tantamount to child abuse, or at least neglect. So it's on the TV. And I just try to pretend I don't want to go cry somewhere.

1 comment:

Deanna Dahlsad said...

The one happy Peanuts memory I have is here.