Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hailey & Alexander's Hearts

I received the sweetest email today along with the blog award shown here. It's from a beautiful young lady named Haily:
Hi. My name is Hailey and I'm 12 years old. I have a blog in memory of my brother who passed away in 2006 from a heart defect. I was looking online at other blogs and found yours and I would like to give you my blog award for having a blog with heart!

My blog is for the purpose of reaching out and helping children who have a sibling who has special needs or who has died. I do random acts of kindness in my brothers memory.

Attached to this email is the award if you want to put it on your blog and link it to mine. Also, please give this award to 5 blogs that YOU think have heart!

The note put tears in my eyes; but once I visited her website, Alexander's Heart, I couldn't stop crying. Such a sad loss, yes; but what a beautiful spirit in Hailey -- and her supportive family.

I haven't stopped crying yet, but when I do I shall properly add the award to the sidebar and pass the award on, as instructed.

For now, I'm just going to let myself feel all these things which are making me cry: sadness, hope, beauty...

But most of all I feel pride in this 12 year old girl who does and writes such wonderfully moving things.

I do not know her & therefore cannot claim to have had any part in the formation of her wonderful spirit; but somehow I am proud of her just the same. And I take great comfort in knowing that we are in & of the same world.

Blessings to you & yours, Hailey.

No comments: