Meme Rules:1. What is your current obsession?
1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. Tag eight other un-tagged people.
I can have only one?! Or I guess they only want me to list one... Which, from the sound of it, I should say I'm currently obsessing about Directions V. Implications. But in my heart, I'm still obsessing over my ride on a toy train to Death Valley where I met Native & Japanese Americans (the latter of which were photographed by Ansel Adams), so the short answer is T. R. Goodwin.
I could have just said his name, right? But then you probably wouldn't have recognized it let alone even considered clicking it. (You know I'm right.)
2. What do you see outside your window?
The cute 1020's apartment building across the street is having a bit of a face lift.
3. If you could have any super power what would it be?
The ability to end apathy.
4. Which animal would you be?
OK, this picking one thing... You just don't understand. I'm a Gemini, people. Well, a Gemini-Cancer cusp, baby, which makes me a moody set of twins. Gemini's have great difficulty picking "just one" of anything -- how do you think a moody one can do it?
If I must...
I choose human -- because I like the opposable thumbs and the ability to read & write.
5. Who was the last person you hugged?
6.What is your favorite color?
7. What's your favorite food in the whole world?
Sheesh, another "favorite" question. I'm going to say Diet Coke simply because it's the one food (hey, you buy it in a grocery store) I constantly have.
8. What's the last thing you bought?
A copy of a Death Valley '49ers "Keepsake" booklet on T.R. Goodwin, published in 1978; I told you I was obsessed about him.
9. What are you listening to right now?
Pink's Stupid Girls. (Stopping now to dance & sing. BRB.)
10. If you could buy one object right now, what would it be?
How much money do I have? Is this one of those "if money weren't a problem" questions or a "what are you currently lusting for" questions? I refuse to answer on the grounds that A) I'll be giving the wrong answer &/or B) enticing other bidders into a bidding war with Ms Shallow-Pockets.
11. What's on your beside table?
What's not on the dresser by the bed?! Keys, jewelry, books, cards, lube, knick-knacks & paddy-whacks of all sorts.
12. If you could have a house totally paid for, and fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right now, given the family situations, I'd say Minneapolis.
13. What piddly, rather insignificant, selfish wish do you hold in your pathetic little heart right now?
That more people would participate in my carnivals: History Is Ephemeral Carnival & New Vintage Reviews Carnival.
14. What is your favorite children's book?
I'm going to take the time to seek help for one of my favorite books from my childhood... I don't know the name or anything. But the cover was pinkish-purple and it was about two dinosaurs (or maybe a rhino & a hippo?) on a picnic. As I recall, the illustrations were black, white & grey sketches, not brightly colored. Anyone know of it?
15. What is your biggest fear/phobia?
16. What's the bravest thing you've done in the past year?
Allowing myself to be photographed for a magazine article -- and, now, showing you.
17. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Just an hour? Then I say to bed for a nap. (An hour in any museum or coveted destination spot would only be a tease for me.)
18. What did you want to become as a child?
No, this does not negate #4,
19. What posters/pictures do you have on your bedroom wall?
Nothing. Nadda. Zip. We moved to that bedroom when the eldest moved out to the group home two years ago and we haven't made the time to attack such a project. (Mainly because the walls of this old house are plaster -- and one of the bedroom walls has the old 'eves slant' -- which makes hanging the giant antique frames & sconces a real bitch).
20. What is your plan for tomorrow?
To wake up and prioritize the day based on what drama has unfolded & what I didn't accomplish today.
21. What was your first job?
Working at family rummage sales -- I think we began to do that (even handle money) when we were like 5 & 7.
22. Say something to the person/s who tagged you:
Elizabeth, I totally could have stolen your answer to #18, which was, "Archaeologist, writer, artist, mom." Except for the "mom" part. I never was that into kids. Even as kid myself. I was a bookish, nerdy loner & pair bonding to create a kid was so removed from my world.
23.Post a favorite childhood photograph of yourself.
My sister doing my hair -- I call it "Beauty School Drop-Outs."
I tag... While the vanity of #22 is tempting, I don't want to annoy anyone. So anyone who wants to play, go ahead (and let me know if you do!)