Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Birthdays

Given the complicated status of our family, and the plethora of birthdays in our household (Allie was 19 on May 30th, Hunter became 5 on June 10th, Destiny is 9 today -- Happy Birthday, beautiful!, myself on June 21st, & Derek on June 29th), we had one large family gathering on Sunday with all the local family & my parents who came 'up' from Wisconsin.

I'd like to share with you some of the gems of the day...

Just as dinner is finishing up, Hunter pipes up with "I love this Fargo house." Several folks comment, "Good!" and "Isn't it a nice house!" Then Hunter says "I like it so much, I don't even care what it looks like." He giveth. He taketh away.

Destiny reads her birthday cards, in a very clear, loud voice, mostly very expressive. She gets to the scripted signature and reads "Dr Grandpa" instead of "Great Grandpa." Which naturally became the joke for everyone to do when reading their cards -- poor kid makes one mistake, and she can't live it down... Then again, she's such a ham, she probably did it on purpose!

No comments: