Sunday, February 01, 2009

My Sock Is A Deadly Weapon

Smoking is indeed dangerous; but not exactly for the reasons we are pummeled with everyday.

I'll admit, I'm a spaz lighting a cig -- I can't wear gloves to do it, and in this weather, that makes the forced-to-go-outside-and-smoke thing a real bitch. God I hate the weather here.

But I had no idea that having part of my cherry fall onto my acrylic sock could be so painful. No, it didn't burn me -- but it did melt that part of my sock on which it landed into a hard plastic bit. I paid it no mind -- until that night, in my sleep, I used the top of my foot to rub the dry itchy skin on the back of my calf.

I did that scratching rub in my sleep really -- because this miserable weather makes your skin so dry, you get used to itching it in your sleep. But woke up to pain as the formerly melted spot hardened into a razor-sharp bit of plastic which cut my leg. And, in case you think I'm an exaggerating whiner, here's the resulting gash on my leg.



Not only is it nearly 4 inches long, but this photo was taken two days after it happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It cracks me up that you posted this because last week my husband was playing with our daughter, hitting her with his sock and it snagged her finger...we ended up in the ER because we thought it was broken. Turned out to be a horrible sprain but seriously...a sock???