Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hunter Hughes Or Mortgage Blues? It's Tough To Choose

My son turned 9 today.

Not being able to see him for his birthday I am reminded why... And that just makes me sad & ill.

To cheer myself up, I am writing a little conversation we had just about two months ago.

After talking about the girls' plans for "the future," careers & whatnot, I turned to Hunter and asked, "So, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Without skipping a beat, he replied, "A hobo."

"Why is that?" I managed to ask rather nonchalantly.

"Because I'm not going to put all my money into a house."

My son, the future hobo. Is this a result of the current influx of media coverage of bad home loans, or is he just planning on being the next Howard Hughes?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Well, in this economy, a hobo is a good thing to want to be!