Thursday, July 09, 2009

July 9th Version of Thursday Thunks

The Thursday Thunks meme:

1. Do you tend to have a guilty conscious?

No. Why -- do you think I should?

2. Do you still have your wisdom teeth?

Nope. And thanks for bringing up the painful memory of the removal of impacted molars, pudding & blood clots.

3. Peanut Butter - creamy or crunchy?

Creamy. (But hubby loves the crunchy -- of course, he also butters his bread first, then puts on the peanut butter. This requires his wife to nag him about regular cholesterol screenings.)

4. Get up off your butt. Take 5 steps. Which leg did you start out on?

My right leg.

5. What color is your favorite kitchen utensil?

The rubber spatula that's covered in (and continually dips into) cake & cookie batter. Yum.

6. Did you watch the Michael Jackson memorial/funeral?

I saw parts of it on other shows, blogs etc. (Was it actually possible to avoid it without changing your life?)

7. Do you know anyone who graduated from high school this year? Were you invited to their graduation party? Did you go?

Yes, yes, and no. (Maybe I should change the answer to #1 after all...)

8. White with black stripes or black with white stripes?

Depends on my shoes.

9. If we were to call your 6th grade teacher, what would they say about you?

She, like all the others, would all remember my sister. Even though she was two grades behind me, she made the impressions. It was weird being the older sister who when she got to class heard, "Oh, you must be Jackie's sister!"

10. Can you draw a perfect circle?

I don't think I've tried (can't think of anything I draw that requires a perfect circle; it's usually natural things).

11. What was your favorite scratch & sniff sticker scent?

The one not in the room. I get serious headaches from such chemical concoctions.

12. What does your sibling do for a living?

The famous Jackie is an (infamous) corporate attorney. (And her reputation making abilities do help her intimidate today!)

13. How many light switches and electrical outlets are in the room that you are in right now?

Who can tell with all the bookshelves?

14. Do you know sign language?

No. I've always thought it should be taught along with English (and worldwide, with their native/usual language classes) from the beginning of school.

15. Do you step on cracks in the sidewalk?

I neither walk to step on nor avoid them (unless they present a danger). I am usually walking with purpose (to the grocery store, library etc.), talking with children &/or husband, &/or enjoying the scenery on a stroll and too absorbed in something else to notice.

16. And the sheets on your bed look like....?

Umm, simple plain white, I believe. With lots of pet hair. (A per-pet-ual problem.)

17. What is something that everyone else has, but you don't?

I don't know everyone else has. I don't concern myself with The Joneses unless they are a danger to themselves or others, need help, or something. As for family & friends, I don't view things in the "have vs. have-not" sort of a way... And as the mom of special needs kids, I don't view traits, skills, needs, etc. that way either. Things are a process.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree -- who has time to look down and see if the sidewalk has cracks in it?

I think you have me beat! Not an easy feat since I have 6 blogs!

Berleen said...

Great answers!

(and I made a new post about my melted peanut butter on ice cream!)